Single Proof

The Single Status Declaration, Single Status Affidavit is a document that must be first signed front of a notary public or a lawyer for the notarization of the document, and then the authentication by the Foreign Affairs Ottawa/Canada, and finally legalization by the embassy; these processes enable the Canadian document to be used overseas.

The Statement In Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad is a required document to get married abroad, and this is a proof that the person is not married in Canada.

In case you have the intention to get married outside Canada , it’s recommended to get in touch with the embassy or consulate nearest to your place :  embassy or consulate

Please find hereafter the link that may help you to get the accurate information for your marriage abroad  Canadian government offices abroad

Some countries may require

  • A valid passport Canadian passport ,
  • Proof of address in Canada
  • If the person is divorced, he/she needs a Decree Absolute
  • If the person is a widow he/she needs a Death Certificate of the deceased

Our staff has the expertise to assist you to get the document requested for the marriage outside Canada starting for the Notarization by the notary public or lawyer , Authentication/Apostille/Certification by the Foreign Affairs Ottawa/Canada and Legalization by the embassy where the Statement In Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment will be required.

This document can be retrieved from the embassy or the consulate outside Canada.

Office Locations & Contacts:
Vital Statistics/Registrar
777 Bay St. at the market Level

More About Single Proof

Single proof is a document must be authenticated/stamped by the Department of Foreign Affairs/Global Affairs Ottawa, and then legalized/certified by the embassy of the country in which the single proof document will be used. The legalization/apostille is mandatory if you need the document to be valid by the jurisdiction of the country oversees. The authentication of the single proof and its legalization of this document is one of our specialty as Apostille/Legalization office here in Ottawa. For any information you can call or email one of our specialist to guide you and provide you with all the information you may need in order to save your time and get your document ready without any delay and free of stress.

How to order for legalization

The process is as simple as

Select The Services You Need

Select and order the services you need and make the payment online.

Send Your Documents

Fill out the PDF form and send it along with your documents.

We Do The Work

We take care of your order professionally. We contact you if there is anything is missing.

Return of Your Documents

Once the order completed we will return the documents to the address you provide.

Unit 145 B, 1644 Bank St, Ottawa, ON. K1V 7Y6

Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 9 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 06 PM

Call US NOW +1-888-730-6667

Call Us Now
(888) 730 6667
(613) 730 6666