By Notarizing, Authenticating/Certifying and Legalizing the document, this last can be recognized as valid by the foreign country where it will be used.

You can wait more than 21 days to receive your documents Authenticated/Certified by the Global Affairs Canada /JLAC-Authentication Services Section, it’s highly recommended to hire an experienced and professional legalization office to complete your document in the same day if needed and ship it back to you with the Authentication/Apostille free of hassle.

Our office has also same day service in case we receive the document before 10 AM, we are able to finalize the job within the same day. We do understand that Apostille/Authentication, Certification and Legalization are frustrating and is a complex task, but our agents are available and at your entire disposal to do all the job properly and efficiently on your behalf to save your time, energy, effort and free of stress.

The Canadian Apostille Process

Document Preparation
Legalization and Authentication Services available for the following documents

Authentication/Apostille/Certification Example Common Documents:

In order for a document to be authenticated, the department of Foreign, Trade and International Affairs in Canada must stamp each one of your documents. To make sure that all your document needs are fulfilled, here are some of the documents that Imperial Legalization & Visa can legalize on your behalf.

​Note that the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) stamps the document after authentication that we can provide if requested as mentioned in the form.

Business Documents

  • Articles of Incorporation/Trademark
  • Shipping Documents
  • Certificate of Free Sale
  • Certificate of Origin
  • Commercial Invoices
  • Corporate Documents to be Used Overseas
  • Distributorship Agreements
  • Corporate Power of Attorney
  • Certificate of Export
  • Pharmaceutical Certificates

Personal Documents

  • Birth Certificate
  • Academic Credentials (Certificates, diplomas, transcripts, letters, etc.)
  • Single Proof (to marry) – Single Status to Marry
  • Copy of the Passport
  • Copy of Identity Card
  • Copy of Driver Licence
  • Death Certificate
  • Divorce Certificate/Decree
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Power of attorney
  • References and Job Certification
  • Teacher Credentials
  • Medical Letters
  • Background Check/Police Check
How to order for legalization

The process is as simple as

Select The Services You Need

Select and order the services you need and make the payment online.

Send Your Documents

Fill out the PDF form and send it along with your documents.

We Do The Work

We take care of your order professionally. We contact you if there is anything is missing.

Return of Your Documents

Once the order completed we will return the documents to the address you provide.

How do I authenticate a document?

Authentication (sometimes also referred to as “legalization” or Apostille) is the certification of the genuineness of the signature and seal of an official. Through this process, it is attested that the official has the authority to execute, issue or certify a document in one jurisdiction, so that it may be recognized in another jurisdiction. Authentication does not certify the genuineness, legality or credibility of the documents or their contents.

Canada is not a member of the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents. This convention replaced legalization, in member states, as the default procedure with a system of apostille. Its mechanisms are not applicable to Canada.

For further information, please refer to the notarial services section of the website of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada. 

How do I obtain an apostille in Canada?

In order to apostille a Canadian document by the Department of Foreign Affairs/ DFAIT; Birth certificate, death certificate, diploma, certificate, transcript, marriage certificate, business/trade/commercial document, power of attorney, criminal records and other documents. The first step is to prepare the document that needs the authentication for the use oversees. The second step is the apostille on the original document otherwise a copy of it with the stamp and the signature of the lawyer or a notary public afterwards one of our specialized agent will take care of your documents to be stamped/certified by the Global Affairs Canada. The third step is the legalization of the document by the embassy/consulate or high commission of the country in which the document will be legally used. Finally our office will ship back to you the document with the respect of the deadline requested and the type of service you required without waste of your time and free of hassle in addition there no worries that the document will be accepted as far as it is authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs Canada/ DFAIT  and legalized by the appropriate embassy of consulate.

We highly advise you to call one of our specialized agent for any information regarding any document you may have doubt on it in order to orient you towards the prompt information to avoid any delay of the service.

Where can I authenticate a document?

Every single Canadian document like; Transcripts records , Diplomas, Marriage Certificates, Birth certificates, Death certificates , Criminal records , Commercial documents , Divorce Certificates or Judgements, Adoption Certificates ,Government Official , Professional Licenses , Police or Immigration record , Power of Attorney POA , Export Documents , Court Decisions , Medical Certificate and others …; has to be stamped by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD)/ Authentication and Service of Documents Section (JLAC) located in Ottawa to ensure the embassy or consulate/High Commission in other countries that the said document has been meticulously reviewed and examined to agree upon it for the legalization procedure.

Can Service Canada certify documents?

The first step a Canadian document can be authenticated by the Government of Canada, it needs a certification/notarization.

Notary public or lawyer can certify/notarize a Canadian document by putting a seal and a signature before the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD)/ Authentication and Service of Documents Section (JLAC) stamps the document as an authentication to be ready to legalize it by the embassy.

What is authentication of a document?

Authentication of a document issued in Canada is a process that verifies, proves and conforms the authenticity and genuineness of the position of an official and the seal on a certified document. This process of authentication/Apostille by the Authentication and Service of Documents Section (JLAC)/ Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) proves that the document can be afterwards legalized by the jurisdictions in which the document will be used.

What does it mean to authenticate evidence?

It means how can a Canadian document be authenticated by service Canada (Trade and Development (DFATD) of a public official signature, a seal or attestation that witnesses the genuineness of the document to be used outside Canada.

Who can apostille a document?

Canada is not a member Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents or the Apostille Treaty of the 1961.

This convention replaced legalization, in member states, as the default procedure with a system of apostille. Its mechanisms are not applicable to Canada. However Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD)/ Authentication and Service of Documents Section (JLAC) is the service in which the Canadian documents (Birth Certificate, Powers of Attorney , Marriage Certificate , Death Certificate ,Diploma, Commercial document , Divorce certificate , Criminal record check , Certificate of Origin and others … ) are authenticated/Apostilled before certified by the appropriate embassy. 

Does Canada have apostille?

Apostille Convention, or the Apostille Treaty is an international treaty drafted by the Hague Conference on Private International Law of 1960 signed by almost 117 countries. Canada did not sign the Hague Apostille Convention and therefore it does not issue the Apostille, however Canadian documents need only the authentication by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD)/ Authentication and Service of Documents Section (JLAC) and the legalization by the embassy/High Commission/consulate to be used out of Canada.

Is Canada part of the Apostille?

Canada in Not a signatory of he Apostille Treaty/Apostille Convention (Hague Convention). More than 100 countries signed this Convention. The Canadian document to be recognized oversees, it must undergo both processes (the authentication and legalization) that replace the apostille. Even though Canada is not among the countries signing this Convention/Treaty, Canadian documents can be used without any issue as far as they are authenticated and certified.

How do I authenticate documents in Department of Foreign Affairs?

Prepare the Canadian document; first step notarize the document, this last service can be provided by our office, second step send us the documents ( we complete the request form ) and third step we bring the document to the Global Affairs Canada JLAC- Authentication Services Section 1st floor 111 Sussex Drive Ottawa to be authenticated.

Legalization and Authentication Services in Ottawa

Why you should choose us

Document legalization is a process that requires experience and above all, precision. That is why our experts can offer you a stress free, fast and reliable service at a very affordable price.

Our agents work very closely with clients to ensure that every document is processed the right way, with the right requirements. 

For all services regarding legalization, please fill out this Form. If you don’t see the service you were looking for, please contact us directly.

Notarized documents


We are pleased to respond your enquiries concerning; Notary Public, Apostille/Authentication/Certification by Global Affairs Canada, Legalization by the appropriate Embassy, Consulates here in Ottawa and Translation into different foreign languages.

Contact our friendly staff! We would welcome the chance to answer your questions and explain your options.

a large variety of

premium-quality services, since 2001

Our offices are strategically located 5 minutes from the Department of Foreign Affairs and most embassies in Ottawa.


Unit 145 B, 1644 Bank St, Ottawa, ON. K1V 7Y6

Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 9 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 06 PM

Call US NOW +1-613-730-6666

Call Us Now
(613) 730 6666